Hand Mined. Hand Made.

Tell us about your product. 

The jewelry that I make consists of raw Quartz and Quartz crystal that I have mined from the Quartz mines in the Ouachita Mountains here in Arkansas. My hands are the first to touch them since creation!

How did your idea to mine rocks from Arkansas {your home State} begin?

I have made jewelry off and on since my teenage years, but never felt like I had anything special that set me apart. Years later, I began brainstorming ways to get creative with jewelry again. I was sitting in church one morning when I thought, “You know, we have all this abundant Quartz here in Arkansas. I wonder if I could maybe make anything with that?”

I told my idea to my husband on our way home from church and later that week we were out in the mine digging for the first time.           

What has been one of your proudest accomplishments since starting made. ?IMG_2616

I am so grateful for the platform that made. is for me to share my testimony and the hope of Christ. A lot of people who are initially drawn to my jewelry come asking questions about its metaphysical properties
and my beliefs about the rocks. I get to then share with them how I don’t believe that Quartz or crystals
heal or give off positive vibes. Rather it’s the joy of the Lord
that gives me my strength.

I have had many people reach out to me that have said, “You have no idea how this has changed my life.” It’s not the jewelry or the stone that has changed their life, but the message of hope, redemption, love, and grace that is poured into each piece. Praise the Lord!

How has God revealed Himself to you through the process of made. ?

made. has been like a sweet love letter from my Abba Father to me. When I first got the idea to start mining the Quartz, my youngest kiddo was about six months old and I was knee-deep in postpartum depression. As I was pulling these stones out of the clay, God was demonstrating the way He lifts us up out of the miry clay (Psalm 40:2).

{Just as I saw the potential beauty of these dirty and stained pieces of Quartz, God saw even greater potential for me.}

His Word tells us that we are a masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10) and that He has plans to prosper us and to give us a hope and future (Jeremiah 29:11). Just as I cleaned these stones and turned them into something new, so did Jesus, in his kindness and mercy, wash away my sins and give me new life full of hope and grace in Him (Titus 3:4-7). The mine became like a giant object lesson and my whole life began to change. For the first time in my life, I began to take on the identity of a child of God. I no longer felt hopeless and worthless, but like a piece of treasure.

Tell me about balancing motherhood and a self-owned business?

This is something that I am still figuring out. And it’s not just balancing motherhood and a business, but my marriage, our home, my friendships, and my own “me” time. I’ve concluded that it is not a daily balance. When I try to balance it all in one day I get run over. It has to be an overall balance. Somedays, I’m all mom and absolutely no work gets done. Somedays, I can focus more on my business and then maybe we just eat a simple supper. I’ve had to decide what matters the most to me and prayerfully prioritize my time and tasks.

Do your kiddos help you with your tasks? 

They certainly like to think they’re helping!  We took them to the mine when they young. We had one strapped on our back and one that was not very steady on his feet yet. Our oldest had fun until he got too hot and then the fun was over. I am excited to take them out again now that they’re old enough to really love digging and getting dirty. They are constantly bringing me rocks and pieces that they find and telling me, “It’s for your jewelry, Mommy.” I love that this has taught them to have a careful eye to notice things that usually go unnoticed. I think that’s a life lesson we all need.

Do you have a favorite story of someone interacting with one of your pieces?

Recently I had a customer come to me who was coming out of a difficult time. She told me that the scripture verse she had been clinging to was Isaiah 40:26 and asked if I could make a bracelet to commemorate this season in her life. To understand the finished piece, you have to know the verse first:

IMG_2750Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who 

brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. 

Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

I chose a small crystal cluster because of the countless crystals— just like how there are countless stars in the sky like the verse references. The clusters in their raw form are typically still attached to some amount of their host rock. I love leaving that rough sandstone layer because as Christians we believe that God is our solid Rock. It was really amazing to see, yet again, God’s Word being reflected in His creation. To finish the bracelet, we added a bar with the verse stamped on it. This was hands down the most humbling piece I’ve had the opportunity to work on.

What is your encouragement to other women about following where God calls them?

DO IT!! If the Lord is compelling you to do something, it will be better to follow after Him then to keep walking your own well-lit path. What a testament to those around you when you begin living the whole “less of me, more of Him” way. That is more than just a cliche or a painting in a Christian bookstore. It is the BEST place to be.

You will feel stretched so thin so that His grace can be sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9-11). You will be convinced that you could never do this so that you can learn that it’s only because of Christ who strengthens you that all things are possible (Phillipians 4:13).

I think a buzz word currently is to “lean in.” Lean into God or into grace or into your purpose or whatever. I say no way! Leaning isn’t enough! You need to be all in and let the Word be the lamp unto your feet and the light unto your path (Psalm 119:105). Go for it, sister!

Find out more about Stacy and made. jewelry here.

IMG_3791